Coupons rule and you need some rules to make them work.
1. Do not use a coupon if the item is something you don’t want or need. If you hate strawberry pop tarts don’t buy ten boxes, if you never bake don’t buy two for one bags of flour, and if you are dieting don’t stock up on chocolate chip cookies.
2. Do use coupons with store discounts for the best price possible.
3. Be careful with perishables. You might be making ten apple pies, eating broccoli every day for a week, or watching cheese turn moldy.
4. Do stock up on non perishables. This is a great way to make sure you have chicken broth, grains, and pasta for the next six months.
5. Loyalty programs bring you coupons and opportunities to save. Pick one and stick with it.